Bogusław Psujek (22 November 1956 – 21 April 1990) was a Polish long-distance runner who specialised in the marathon. His most prominent victory was at the 1986 Berlin Marathon, which he won in a course record of 2:11:03 hours. He also won the Beppu-Ōita Marathon in 1990. He achieved his highest global ranking of ninth in the 1990 season, with a then Polish national record run of 2:10:26 hours in a seventh-place finish at the 1987 London Marathon.
At international level he was a three-time competitor at the IAAF World Cross Country Championships, running in 1981, 1986 and 1987, and his best finish there was 114th. He represented his country on home turf in Warsaw at the 1987 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, placing 145th overall and helping Poland to 17th in the team rankings alongside Krzysztof Wesołowski, Bogusław Mamiński, Jan Huruk, Sławomir Gurny, and Andrzej Malicki. Psujek ran in the 1987 World Championships marathon later that year, but failed to finish. He also ran at the 1987 European Cup 10,000 m, placing 6th, and the 1988 European Marathon Cup, placing 33rd.
At the Polish national championships he won two indoor titles over 3000 metres, four outdoor titles in the 5000 metres and one title in the 10,000 metres. He was also a three-time winner of the Polish Cross Country Championships.
Among his individual performances were a win at the Cross Ala dei Sardi and Janusz Kusocinski Memorial in 1985, and two wins at the Trzebnica Sylwester Race in 1986 and 1987. In marathons, he placed seventh at the 1987 New York City Marathon and fourth at the 1988 Berlin Marathon.
Psujek was born in Krasnystaw and died in Szklarska Poręba. He died at the age of 33, having suffered a fall late at night outside the hotel he was staying at. He left a wife and two sons. He was a member of the WKS Oleśniczanka sports club and the club holds an annual memorial road running competition in his honour in Oleśnica.
|1981||World Cross Country Championships||Madrid, Spain||114th||Senior race||36:59|
|21st||Team race||700 pts|
|1986||World Cross Country Championships||Madrid, Spain||121st||Senior race||38:00.1|
|23rd||Team race||843 pts|
|1987||World Cross Country Championships||Warsaw, Poland||145th||Senior race||39:14|
|17th||Team race||646 pts|
|European Cup||Prague, Czechoslovakia||6th||10,000 m||29:08.63|
|World Championships||Rome, Italy||—||Marathon||DNF|
|1988||European Marathon Cup||Huy, Belgium||33rd||Marathon||2:20:31|
|1987||New York City Marathon||7th||2:13:38|
- Polish Athletics Championships
- 5000 m: 1981, 1982, 1985 (shared with Wojciech Jaworski), 1986
- 10,000 m: 1986
- Polish Indoor Athletics Championships
- 3000 m: 1982, 1985
|1500 metres||3:40.37||Zabrze, Poland||2 September 1984|
|3000 metres steeplechase||8:43.54||Lublin, Poland||8 June 1984|
|Two miles||8:31.42||London, United Kingdom||26 August 1985|
|5000 metres||13:35.40||Sopot, Poland||2 August 1986|
|10,000 metres||28:28.53||Sopot, Poland||24 August 1986|
|Marathon||2:10:26||London, United Kingdom||10 May 1987|
- International Marathons. GBR Athletics. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Bogusław Psujek. Track and Field Statistics. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Magnusson, Tomas (September 8, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 12.0km CC Men - Warszawa Sluzewiec Date: Sunday, March 22, 1987, Athchamps (archived), archived from the original on October 16, 2007, retrieved October 22, 2013
- Marathon World Championship Rome 1987 - Sunday 06.09. Todor66. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Boguslaw Psujek. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Polish Championships. GBR Athletics. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Polish Indoor Championships. GBR Athletics. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Henryk Kurzyński, Stefan Pietkiewicz, Janusz Rozum, Tadeusz Wołejko: Historia Finałów Lekkoatletycznych Mistrzostw Polski 1920-2007. Konkurencje męskie. Szczecin – Warszawa: Komisja Statystyczna PZLA, 2008. ISBN 978-83-61233-20-6.
- National Crosscountry Champions for Poland. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- 20 Jahre Deutsche Einheit - Der 17. Berlin-Marathon am 30. September 1990 – Der „Wiedervereinigungsmarathon“ drei Tage vor der deutschen Einheit am 3. Oktober 1990 - Ein Rückblick XII. - Tragischer Tod von Boguslaw Psujek - Von Henryk Paskal (Pila Halfmarathon) (in German). German Road Races (2010-10-14). Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Sport-kort. nrc.nl. 27 April 1990. Retrieved 202006-22.
- Już 14 września odbędzie się XXXV międzynarodowy bieg uliczny o memoriał Bogusława Psujka. WKS Olesniczanka. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Dane zawodnika. Bieganie.pl. Retrieved 2020-06-22.