List of youngest birth mothers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of youngest birth mothers aged less than 11 years at time of birth (not at time of conception).
5 years old
|Date||Mother||Age of mother||Father||Country||Description|
|May 14, 1939||Lina Medina|| 5 years,
|Unknown||Peru||Lina Medina, from the Ticrapo District of Peru, gave birth by cesarean section in Lima at age 5+1⁄2. The infant was a 2.69 kg (5.9 lb), 47.5 cm (18.7 in) boy named Gerardo. Medina's parents, who thought their daughter had a tumor, took her to a hospital, where she was then found to be 7 months pregnant when she was about 5 years and 6 months old. She gave birth 1+1⁄2 months later. By interrogating her parents, the doctors understood that Medina had entered into precocious puberty (when hormone glands are activated earlier than normal) very early after her birth. Medina's father was arrested on suspicion of sexual abuse, but was later released due to lack of evidence, and the baby's biological father was never identified.|
6 years old
|Date||Mother||Age of mother||Father||Country||Description|
|June 7, 1932||H.|| 6 years,
|Unknown|| British India
|The 6-year-old known only as "H." gave birth by cesarean section to a girl weighing 4.19 lb (1.90 kg) at Victoria Zanana Hospital in Delhi, India. She was initially admitted for what was thought to be an abdominal tumor, as she complained of localized pain in her lower abdomen. Her father said she was 7, but civic records gave her birth date as October 11, 1925, making her 6 years and 7 months old at the time of labor. She had never menstruated and her breasts were still far from being fully developed, yet she was able to breastfeed her child for 9 months.|
|August 19, 1934||Yelizaveta Pantueva
(Ukrainian: Єлизавета Пантуева)
(Russian: Елизавета (Лиза) Пантуева)
|6 years||Her 70-year-old maternal grandfather|| Soviet Union
( Ukrainian SSR)
|Yelizaveta (Liza) Pantueva was 5 years old when her 70-year-old maternal grandfather raped and impregnated her. She had her 6th birthday several days before giving birth. Pantueva's parents did not want the obstetricians to perform a cesarean section, as it was considered dangerous at the time. She gave birth in Kharkiv, with the aid of forceps and retractors. The 3 kg (6.6 lb), 52 cm (20 in) infant girl died during labor due to an early placental tear; she had been born at full term and apparently of good constitution and, according to doctors, would have survived if she had been extracted more quickly, revived, and oxygenated. After the incident, the family emigrated to the Soviet Far East, taking the girl's grandfather with them, and were never heard from again.|
8 years old
|Date||Mother||Age of mother||Father||Country||Description|
|December 5, 1759||Anna Mummenthaler||8 years,
|Her uncle|| Old Swiss Confederacy
|Anna Mummenthaler of Lauperswil, Canton of Bern gave birth to a stillborn girl when she was 8 years old.|
|December 1884||Mum-Zi||8 years,
|Chief Akkiri|| Niger Coast
|Mum-Zi was a member of Chief Akkiri's harem on the island of Calabar. Her daughter also gave birth extremely early, making Mum-Zi a grandmother at age 17.|
|August 1893||Zi||8 years,
|A relative or familiar of Chief Akkiri|| Niger Coast
|Zi, Mum-Zi's daughter, became a mother at the age of 8 years 8 months.|
|January 8, 1910||Hsi||8 years||A 9-year-old boy|| Qing dynasty
|An 8-year-old-girl gave birth to a healthy baby boy, who was fathered by a 9-year-old. They are the youngest recorded parents, in combined age. They were farmers, with the surname Hsi, from Amoy, Fukien.|
|August 1933||Unidentified||8 years||Her husband[note 1]|| British India
|An unidentified 8-year-old girl in Kashmir reportedly died in labor along with her child. The girl's mother, a destitute widow, said she had been forced to accept an offer of marriage for her daughter.|
|September 13, 1936||Griseldina Acuña|| 8 years,
|A family friend||Colombia||Griseldina Acuña of San Zenón, Magdalena Department, gave birth to a boy weighing 5 lb (2.3 kg). She was reported to have begun menstruating at age 3.|
|December 2, 1957||Hilda Trujillo|| 8 years,
|Her 22-year-old cousin||Peru||Hilda Trujillo gave birth to a girl named María del Rosario, who was over 6 lb (2.7 kg), at a hospital in Lima. Contrary to what was reported in Time on December 16, 1957, and many other sources, she was not 9 years old, but rather one year younger. The rapist was a 22-year-old cousin who had been staying in her family's one-room residence. He was later arrested.|
|January 12, 1993||Zulma Guadalupe Morales||8 years||Her uncle||Mexico||Zulma Guadalupe Morales, age 8. Her uncle raped her. She gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 7.04 lb (3.19 kg) at a hospital in Guadalajara, Jalisco.|
|October 11, 2004||Unidentified||8 years,
|A 32-year-old employee of the neighborhood black-market||Colombia||An unidentified girl's pregnancy was revealed by a policeman who became suspicious in early September 2004 when he noticed the girl's swollen abdomen and thought she was being exploited by drug smugglers. After the girl had X-rays done, the officer told her mother that the girl was pregnant; the hospital confirmed she was at her 32nd week of pregnancy. The girl revealed that when she had gone to a pharmacy in Ciudad Bolívar, to fetch her sick mother's medicine, an employee there raped her. She gave birth at the Meissen Hospital.|
9 years old
|Date||Mother||Age of mother||Father||Country||Description|
|March 1881||Unidentified||9 years,
|A young man of the neighborhood who fled to the United States to escape arrest||United Kingdom||Henry Dodd of Rillington, Yorkshire, reportedly delivered a baby weighing 7 lb (3.2 kg) to a nine-year-old girl in 1881. The baby was stated to have only three toes on its left foot and to have died of convulsions some time after birth. The girl reportedly began menstruating at twelve months old.|
|March 16, 1908||Estelle P.||9 years||Unknown||United States||Dr. V. I. Pittman of Cadaretta, Mississippi, reported to have delivered a boy weighing 7 lb (3.2 kg) to nine-year-old Estelle P.|
|August 28, 1957||Unidentified||9 years,
|Unknown||United States||A 9-year-old black girl gave birth to a premature boy weighing 2.5 lb (1.1 kg) at the University of Arkansas Medical Center in Little Rock, Arkansas.|
Only 12 days before, the doctor, obstetrician Eva F. Dodge, had given a Caesarean section to an 11-year-old black girl from Curtis, Arkansas who bore a baby girl weighing 6.25 lb (2.83 kg) on August 16, her 11th birthday.
|March 28, 1966||Unidentified||9 years||Unknown||South Africa||A nine-year-old from Brakpan, South Africa, gave birth by cesarean section to a baby at a hospital 30 miles (48 km) east of Johannesburg.|
|October 18, 1967||María Eulalia Allende||9 years||Ernesto Allende, her cousin in his early 20s||Argentina||María Eulalia Allende, from a village in northern Córdoba Province, gave birth to a boy weighing 7 lb (3.2 kg) at a hospital in the city of Córdoba. Ernesto Allende, her cousin and the alleged father, disappeared two months before the birth and was sought by police.|
|December 5, 1968||Unidentified||9 years||A farm boy from her village||Argentina||A girl from Cachari gave birth to a baby weighing 5 lb (2.3 kg) at a hospital in Azul, Buenos Aires Province. According to press reports, the young father offered to marry the girl, but her parents refused to give their consent.|
|June 11, 1971||Unidentified||9 years||Her father was reportedly sought by police||Peru||A 9-year-old girl from the El Porvenir neighborhood of Lima gave birth to a boy weighing 7 lb (3.2 kg) at a hospital in the same city.|
|July 10, 1980||Venesia Xoagus||9 years||Unknown|| South West Africa
|Venesia Xoagus, a Damara girl, gave birth by cesarean section to a healthy 3 kg (6.6 lb) boy at a hospital in Otjiwarongo.|
|March 25, 1986||Maria Eliane Jesus Mascarenhas||9 years,
|Cosme Primo dos Santos, her 16-year-old nephew by adoption||Brazil||Maria Eliane Jesus Mascarenhas, an orphaned girl adopted by rural farm workers after her mother died in childbirth, gave birth by cesarean section to a 7 lb (3.2 kg) girl named Diane in Jequié.|
|April 1986||Unidentified||9 years||Unknown||Kenya||An unidentified girl delivered a daughter at Kenyatta Hospital in Nairobi.|
|March 12, 1990||Unidentified||9 years||Unknown||Turkey||A 9-year-old girl gave birth by cesarean section to a boy at a clinic in Afyonkarahisar. According to the surgeon who assisted the birth, Dr. Mehmet Telek, the mother is officially 9 years old "but, in our opinion, in fact she is a few years older than that."|
|November 1994||Leyla Mafi||9 years||A man who paid her parents to allow him to rape her, possibly a relative.||Iran||According to information gathered by Amnesty International Leyla Mafi, from Arak, Iran, had been prostituted by her mother starting from the age of 8. Leyla M. had a developmental delay (at the age of 19 she was assessed to have a mental age of 8 years old). She had three children, the first at the age of 9 and then twins at age 14. At age 19, she was condemned and faced the death penalty for the "moral offenses" of debauchery, incest, and illegitimate motherhood. Lawyer Shadi Sadr intervened on her behalf and with the help of Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam and Amnesty International (among others), her sentence was reduced to public beating and imprisonment. After 2006, Ms. M was sent to a rehabilitation center and eventually came to reside in an apartment with a caretaker.|
|February 26, 2001||Wanwisa Janmuk
|9 years||Her 27-year-old husband[note 2]||Thailand||Wanwisa Janmuk, married at 8, gave birth to a girl when she was 9 at a hospital in Phetchabun.|
|April 1, 2003||María||9 years,
|Her stepfather||El Salvador||María, from Candelaria de la Frontera, gave birth by cesarean section to a boy she named José Manuel. María stated that her stepfather repeatedly raped her, and that he had impregnated her.|
|March 1, 2004||Unidentified||9 years||A student at her school||Singapore||A Singaporean girl gave birth to a boy after a fellow student at her school impregnated her. Her mother initially thought she had a urinary tract infection, but upon taking her to the doctor, learned she was already six months pregnant. The baby was placed up for adoption.|
|December 25, 2004||Unidentified||9 years,
|A teenager in her neighborhood||Colombia||A girl from Medellin, Antioquia, born in early January 1995, gave birth to a premature baby by cesarean section on Christmas Day 2004, at 9 years and 11 months. She left school after only three years, much to the dismay of her 36-year-old mother. The girl became pregnant by a neighborhood teen whose identity she swore to protect. She again became pregnant at the age of 10+1⁄2, this time by a man in his forties who had helped the 10-year-old in her early motherhood. On February 10, 2006, she gave birth to her second child at the age of 11 years and 1 month. Social services and her mother considered it preferable to place her in a home for teen mothers, where she would be supervised and monitored until age 18.|
|December 2005||Unidentified||9 years||Emmanuel Mbazumutima, the family's houseboy||Rwanda||An unidentified girl became pregnant after her parents' houseboy raped her. She gave birth to a boy by cesarean section at a hospital in Butare, Rwanda. The girl underwent breast development at age six and menarche at age eight.|
|July 7, 2006||Unidentified||9 years||Unknown||Brazil||A girl of the Apurinã, an indigenous people from the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil, gave birth to a girl weighing nearly 2.2 kg (4.9 lb) by cesarean section at a hospital in Manaus.|
|December 2, 2006||Nuvia V. T.||9 years||Avilio Arostica Berrospi, her 28-year-old cousin||Peru||A girl from Huánuco, Peru, gave birth to a 2.5 kg (5.5 lb), 47 cm (19 in) boy via cesarean at a hospital in Lima on her ninth birthday. She became pregnant after two of her cousins raped her. One rapist was 17 years old and the other was 28; Avilio, 28, was identified as the father using DNA testing.|
|March 20, 2007||Unidentified||9 years||Unknown||Philippines||The local media reported that a 9-year-old gave birth in Barangay Turo, Bocaue, just one week before an 11-year-old gave birth in the same district.|
|July 2007||Unidentified||9 years,
|Andrés Gabriel, her 57-year-old father||Honduras||In La Esperanza, the daughter of Andrés Gabriel Gabriel and María Valentina Lorenzo became pregnant at age 9. Her father began sexually abusing her when she was 6. Upon discovering the pregnancy, Lorenzo tried to persuade her to tell authorities that she was 13 years old rather than 9+1⁄2, and that Gabriel was actually her stepfather. The young girl gave birth to a daughter, whom she named Cindy Alejandra, by cesarean section in Tegucigalpa. Gabriel was later sentenced to 30 years in prison; Honduran doctors were reportedly astonished by the fact that the girl had not yet experienced menarche.|
|July 27, 2008||Unidentified||9 years,
|Alexis Rigoberto Morazán Raudales, her 32-year-old stepfather||Honduras||In San Pedro Sula a 32-year-old man repeatedly raped his stepdaughter, starting when she was 8 years old. She became pregnant in December 2007, shortly after her ninth birthday. In early June, the girl was hospitalized for nausea and vomiting, and doctors were surprised to find she was 6 months pregnant. She gave birth to a son in late July 2008. The stepfather was arrested and the mother was sought.[timeframe?] Police claimed that she knew that Morazán Raudales raped her daughter, but did nothing to prevent it, instead threatening the girl. The girl was placed in care[clarification needed] with her baby.|
|November 2008||Unidentified||9 years||Her 31-year-old neighbor who regularly accompanied her to school||Colombia||A girl from the countryside surrounding Bucaramanga, Colombia, gave birth to a boy in mid-November 2008 via cesarean section at age 9. A doctor from the Child Welfare' Health Department had discovered in mid-August that she was 5 months pregnant. The girl implicated her 31-year-old neighbor, who regularly accompanied her via deserted trails to her rural school, where she was in 5th grade. She stated that, in mid-March, he had thrown her to the ground in the forest and raped her.|
|January 27, 2010||Unidentified||9 years||Unknown, though her father was suspected of raping her||China||A girl from Songyuan, China, gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 6 lb (2.7 kg) at a hospital in Changchun. Circumstances surrounding the girl's pregnancy are not clearly known, and her parents sought legal help once it was discovered.|
|May 15, 2010||Unidentified||9 years||A 14-year-old neighbor||Malaysia||A 9-year-old Chinese girl from Penang, Malaysia, gave birth to a healthy boy. No police report was made by the parents, who knew that the father was their 14-year-old neighbor whom their daughter loved.|
|October 1, 2010||F. ("Zeina") G.||9 years,
|S.D., the uncle of her grandmother's tenant||Senegal||An orphan girl "Zeina" was from a neighborhood in Dakar, Senegal, and brought up by her grandmother. The grandmother had a tenant. The tenant's uncle, nearly 60 years old, raped the orphan girl. Noting the absence of her menstruations and her weight gain, her grandmother and her aunt became aware of her pregnancy in June, when she was 5 months pregnant. Zeina gave birth by cesarean section at the Grand Yoff Hospital, to a daughter she rejected.|
|January 27, 2013||Dafne||9 years (disputed)||Unidentified||Mexico||Dr. Enrique Rabago, director of the Zoquipan Hospital, reported the girl and baby daughter were healthy and had returned home after receiving a Caesarean section. Dafne is one of 11 children and lives in Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos. The 17-year-old father and Dafne were dating. A search for the baby's 17-year-old father, who may be criminally charged for having a sexual relationship with the young girl, was underway. She was reportedly sterilized shortly after the birth. However, questions have emerged about her true age, as she appeared to be around 15. The father may have been Dafne's 44-year-old step-father|
10 years old
|Date||Mother||Age of mother||Father||Country||Description|
|April 20, 1834||Sally Deweese||10 years||Unknown||United States||Sally Deweese of Butler County, Kentucky, was reported by Dr. D. Rowlett to have delivered a girl weighing 7.75 pounds (3.52 kg). Deweese allegedly developed breasts within weeks of birth and began menstruating at 12 months.|
|February 1, 1858||Elizabeth Drayton||10 years,
|Reported to be 15–17 years old||United States||Elizabeth Drayton of Taunton, Massachusetts, was reported to have given birth naturally to a boy weighing 8 lb (3.6 kg) after having been in labor for two or three days.|
|April 1873||Unidentified||10 years,
|"A native gentleman"|| British India
|In an account published in 1873, C. MacNamara described having been called in early spring to examine a baby boy in Calcutta, who had reportedly been born to a 10-year-old girl.|
|September 10, 1895||Annie H.||10 years,
|Unknown||United States||Annie H., born in Bland County, Virginia, gave birth to a baby girl weighing 5 lb (2.3 kg). As the girl had undeveloped breasts and could not produce milk, her mother, who had given birth to a child herself a few months prior, nursed the girl's baby for the week she lived. Annie H. was stated to have started menstruating regularly at age five.|
|December 13, 1905||Sallie Ellison|| 10 years,
|Unknown||United States||Sallie Ellison gave birth to a baby weighing 8 lb (3.6 kg) at the age of 10 years, 2 months in Bristol, Virginia.|
|April 9, 1910||Annie Epps||10 years||Unknown||United States||Annie Epps of Chicago gave birth to a girl weighing 6 lb (2.7 kg) at the county hospital in 1910.|
|July 30, 1922||Elizabeth Irwin||10 years||Rev. L. W. Irwin, her stepfather, charged with contributing to her delinquency||United States||Elizabeth Irwin of Hardin County, Ohio, gave birth to a boy weighing 7 lb (3.2 kg) in 1922. Reverend Irwin reportedly prayed for the salvation of the jury that later convicted him.|
|February 1923||Mary Cavender||10 years||Willie Larue, the 26-year-old son of the girl's foster parents||United States||Mary Cavender of Hidalgo County, Texas, gave birth to a boy weighing 4.5 lb (2.0 kg) in 1923. Admitting his paternity, Willie Larue was charged with having "improper relations" with Cavender and sentenced to 15 years in prison.|
|April 4, 1930||Evilan Johnson||10 years||Unknown||United States||Evilan Johnson gave birth to a baby weighing 8 lb (3.6 kg) at a hospital in Yazoo City, Mississippi, in 1930.|
|October 10, 1939||María Justina Lez||10 years||Her boyfriend||Argentina||María Justina Lez of Villa Mercedes, San Luis, Argentina, gave birth to a girl at San Roque Hospital in 1939. The child's father reportedly petitioned for the right to marry the mother, as marriage was forbidden to girls under 13 years of age.|
|January 10, 1944||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl gave birth naturally to a daughter weighing 8.5 lb (3.9 kg) at a hospital in Monahans, Texas, in 1944.|
|March 3, 1949||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl gave birth to a daughter weighing 7.3 lb (3.3 kg) at a hospital in Wilmington, Delaware, in 1949.|
|May 20, 1949||Unidentified||10 years,
|Unknown||United States||A girl gave birth to a boy weighing 7.8 lb (3.5 kg) at Barber Hospital in Butler, Alabama, in 1949.|
|May 25, 1950||Sarah Moore||10 years,
|Unknown||United States||Sarah Moore gave birth prematurely to a girl she named Sarah Lee Moore in Charleston, Mississippi, in 1950.|
|June 21, 1950||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl gave birth to a baby boy weighing 6.5 lb (2.9 kg) at a hospital in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1950.|
|July 13, 1951||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl gave birth to a boy weighing 7.19 lb (3.26 kg) in Picayune, Mississippi; the girl's mother was 23 at the time.|
|June 14, 1953||Unidentified||10 years||A 50-year-old man who lived in the same apartment building as her foster parents||United States||A girl gave birth to a daughter weighing 5.94 lb (2.69 kg) at a home for unwed mothers in Youngstown, Ohio, in 1953.|
|November 30, 1954||Felicia Delgado Gomez||10 years||Unknown||Costa Rica||Felicia Delgado Gomez gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 5.75 lb (2.61 kg) at a hospital in Limón, Costa Rica, in 1954.|
|August 3, 1956||Unidentified||10 years||Her 18-year-old brother, who was arrested||United States||A girl from Spartanburg County, South Carolina, gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 6 lb (2.7 kg) in the city of Spartanburg.|
|January 22, 1958||Unidentified||10 years||Her older sister's husband, age 28, was charged||United States||A girl gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 7 lb (3.2 kg) at a hospital in San Francisco.|
|February 6, 1964||María Sanchez Gonzalez||10 years||Unknown||Mexico||María Sanchez Gonzalez of Colonia Morelos, Mexico City gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 5.5 lb (2.5 kg).|
|February 12, 1964||Unidentified||10 years,
|A 16-year-old boy, her foster family's son||United States||A 10-year-old gave birth by cesarean section to a daughter weighing 5.94 lb (2.69 kg) at a hospital in Chicago.|
|September 17, 1967||Hortensia Gomez Juan||10 years||Her family's neighbor for whom the girl worked as a servant; he was arrested for rape||Mexico||Hortensia Gomez Juan gave birth to a boy weighing 4.44 lb (2.01 kg) in Xalapa, Mexico, in 1967.[failed verification]|
|November 29, 1968||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||Belgium||In 1968, a 10-year-old gave birth by cesarean section in Antwerp, Belgium.|
|July 1969||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl gave birth naturally to a boy weighing 5.63 lb (2.55 kg) at Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia, on July 29, 1969.|
|August 14, 1971||Mirta Fontora||10 years||Unknown||Argentina||Mirta Fontora, a girl from Pilar Partido, Argentina, gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 6.5 lb (2.9 kg) at a hospital in Pilar.|
|May 25, 1979||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl age 10 gave birth six weeks premature to twin girls, both weighing 3.38 lb (1.53 kg), by induced labor at a hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. She is thought to have been the youngest mother of twins in U.S. history at the time.|
|July 7, 1982||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||United States||A girl age 10 from a rural town in eastern Texas gave birth to a premature baby girl, weighing 4.5 lb (2.0 kg), at Hermann Hospital in Houston. All other details were withheld by request.|
|April 5, 1984||Unidentified||10 years,
|The girl's uncle and the husband of one of her babysitters were both charged with molesting her||United States||A 10-year-old gave birth naturally to a 6.25 lb (2.83 kg) baby girl in Chicago. The girl, who had not known she was pregnant, went to St. Anthony Hospital on April 4 seeking treatment for abdominal pain, and was transferred to the high-risk maternity unit at Cook County Hospital the next day. The girl's uncle and her babysitter's husband were accused of raping her: the uncle admitted to doing so six times, but the babysitter's husband denied the allegations and passed a polygraph.|
|April 5, 1996||Unidentified||10 years||A neighbor||Brazil||In 1996, a 10-year-old gave birth by cesarean section in Rondonópolis, Mato Grosso. A neighbor raped her.[failed verification]|
|July 1998||Unidentified||10 years,
|Paul Narvios, the 50-year-old companion of her mother||United States||Taking advantage of his relationship with her mother that lasted a few months between late 1997 and early 1998, Paul Narvios, 50, raped the girl 19 times when she was between 9+1⁄2 and 10 years old. She exposed him and gave birth in San Mateo County, California. Narvios was revealed to be the child's father via DNA evidence. He was sentenced on September 8, 1999, to 31 years in prison, including a 26 years security, and $40,000 fine, with prohibition from reapproaching mother, daughter, and baby. Narvios is currently imprisoned in the California Men's Colony and will first be eligible for parole in January 2023.|
|September 25, 2000||Unidentified||10 years||Her 28-year-old brother, who was arrested on a charge of rape|| Argentina
|A girl from Bolivia gave birth to a daughter weighing 2.5 kilograms (5.5 lb) by cesarean section at a hospital in Parque Patricios. Buenos Aires.|
|September 23, 2002||Unidentified||10 years||A 38-year-old man, the brother of the girl's mother's boyfriend, was arrested||Saint Lucia||A 10-year-old gave birth to a boy weighing 4 lb (1.8 kg) in Saint Lucia.|
|November 13, 2003||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||Peru||A girl from Monzón District, Peru, gave birth by cesarean section to a baby weighing over 3 kg (6.6 lb) at Hermilio Valdizán Hospital in Huánuco.|
|January 7, 2004||Unidentified||10 years||The 29-year-old boyfriend of her 21-year-old sister||Argentina||A 10-year-old gave birth to a baby weighing 3.22 kg (7.1 lb) in Merlo Partido, Argentina.|
|April 13, 2005||G. R. F.||10 years||Luis Ramos Coral, her 24-year-old stepfather|| Chile
|A Bolivian girl living in Calama, Chile, gave birth to a boy by cesarean section at a hospital in Antofagasta. The child became pregnant after her stepfather raped her at age 9. Her mother and step-father, who both came from Colchaca village in Potosí, Bolivia, were jailed.|
|June 27, 2005||Gladys Chelagat||10 years||The approximately 60-year-old caregiver who had nurtured her since her earliest childhood||Kenya||Gladys Chelagat from Kericho, Rift Valley Province gave birth to a boy weighing 6.17 lb (2.80 kg) by cesarean section at a district hospital.|
|August 28, 2005||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown; her stepfather and her brother were suspected|| Switzerland
|A young girl gave birth to a daughter at a hospital in Sion, Switzerland. She had immigrated from Cameroon to Martigny, then Sierre, Switzerland, with her siblings after her mother married a Swiss citizen. A 68-year-old man who was in a relationship with the mother admitted to having molested the girl but a DNA test found that he was not the father of the girl's child.|
|April 3, 2006||Monserrat Alvarado Gómez||10 years,
|Juan Ruelas Martínez, her family's 47-year-old neighbor||Mexico||Monserrat Alvarado Gómez of Jaral del Progreso, Guanajuato, born on September 16, 1995, gave birth naturally to a girl weighing 2.3 kilograms (5.1 lb) whom she named Marisol. Ruelas Martínez, her neighbor, was sentenced to 11+1⁄2 years in prison for raping her.|
|April 2006||Unidentified||10 years||William Edward Ronca, her 26-year-old stepfather||United States||A young girl in Abbeville, South Carolina, gave birth by cesarean section. Her 26-year-old stepfather, William Edward Ronca, raped her. The baby was placed up for adoption. Ronca admitted to having molested the girl over a two-year period and was sentenced to 25 years in prison and is currently incarcerated in the Allendale Correctional Institution. His earliest possible release date is April 19, 2027.|
|April 2006||Unidentified||10 years,
|Julián Andrés H. López, the 30-year-old Colombian boyfriend of her babysitter, who was arrested|| Spain
|A Colombian girl gave birth to a daughter in Ourense, Spain. While the mother was away, the girl's babysitter had her boyfriend over the house, and the boyfriend raped the girl.|
|June 14, 2006||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown||Brazil||In 2006, a 10-year-old gave birth by cesarean section to a baby in Marechal Deodoro, Brazil.|
|July 2006||Unidentified||10 years||Her 13-year-old boyfriend||Belgium||A girl from Montigny-le-Tilleul gave birth in 2006 to a child fathered by her boyfriend and schoolmate. After she had begun gaining weight, her mother put her on a diet, but when the girl visited a doctor, it was discovered that she was nine months pregnant. News of the birth did not become publicly known until 2007.|
|August 14, 2006||Unidentified||10 years,
|Her father||Mauritius||A young girl, born on March 5, 1996, began menstruating at age 8. One day in November 2005, she was sick, and stayed at home with her father. On that day, he raped her. She gave birth to her daughter by cesarean section on August 14, 2006, and the father was sent to prison.|
|October 20, 2006||N.||10 years,
|Francisco das Chagas, her 26-year-old boyfriend||Brazil||N., daughter of Francisca Ferreira dos Santos and born on December 12, 1995, gave birth by cesarean section to a baby girl at São Camilo de Itapipoca hospital in Itapipoca, Brazil. Her boyfriend, Francisco das Chagas de Lima, was also her 14-year-old sister's ex-boyfriend.|
|July 2, 2007||Lucila||10 years||Noé Velásquez Velásquez, her parents' 65-year-old landlord||Mexico||In 2007, 10-year-old Lucila of San Lorenzo Cacaotepec, Oaxaca gave birth to a boy. Noé Velásquez Velásquez, the landlord of the house her parents rented, was jailed.|
|November 9, 2007||"Evita"||10 years||Alejandro Torres, her 22-year-old cousin||Nicaragua||Originally from the rural island region of El Tortuguero, the poorest part of Nicaragua, 10-year-old "Evita" gave birth by cesarean section in Managua after spending two months in Bluefields. Four months earlier, her mother had summoned a campaign doctor to their farm to examine her daughter's inflated abdomen; the doctor found that she was 5 months pregnant. A few weeks later, her mother revealed to the press that Evita's 22-year-old cousin Alejandro raped Evita.|
|February 29, 2008||Rosa "Rosita"||10 years,
|Carmen Aguilar, her 33-year-old stepfather||Nicaragua||Rosa ("the other Rosita"),[note 3] born June 25, 1997, in San Miguelito, Rio San Juan Department, gave birth to a boy by cesarean section at 8+1⁄2 months of pregnancy at the Bertha Calderón Hospital in Managua. Sexually assaulted since age 8 by her stepfather Carmen, she never experienced menstruation, as she became pregnant at her first ovulation. Her stepfather would beat and whip her to subdue her. Her pregnancy was discovered by chance at 5+1⁄2 months, during a tour of rural medical for the poor in early December 2007.|
|April 28, 2008||Unidentified||10 years||Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez, her 37-year-old stepfather||United States||Isabel Chasearez's 10-year-old daughter, from St. Anthony, Idaho, gave birth by cesarean section to a girl weighing approximately 6 lb (2.7 kg) at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg after her mother's boyfriend raped her.[failed verification] The man, an undocumented immigrant from Mexico, was jailed on one felony count of rape with impregnation; Chasearez was jailed as well for failing to provide proper prenatal care. Juarez was sentenced to 5 years to life.|
|March 18, 2009||Unidentified||10 years||Fede Datilus, a 33-year-old sex offender|| United States
|A 10-year-old Haitian girl of Lantana, Florida, became pregnant after a 33-year-old man raped her when she was 9. Her father learned of her pregnancy only when he took her to the clinic when she suffered labor contractions on March 18, 2009. The same day, she gave birth naturally to a full-term boy. Reluctantly, she exposed Datilus to investigators who interviewed her through a Haitian Creole interpreter (she spoke only little English, having arrived illegally in the U.S. only 30 months before). She confided that she had been afraid that she and her father would be deported to Haiti – a threat the rapist had used against her. Datilus was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping a minor under 12 years, to which 5 years for impregnating her was added. Datilus is currently imprisoned in the Okeechobee Correctional Institution.|
|April 2009||Unidentified|| 10 years,
|Flávio de Oliveira, her 24-year-old stepfather||Brazil||A 10-year-old girl from Lagoa Grande, Minas Gerais, gave birth to a boy by cesarean section in late April 2009. The director of her school learned of the girl's pregnancy on March 20 after hearing about it in playground discussions among children. The director alerted the judicial and medical-social authorities, and immediately took her to the clinic, where her condition was confirmed: the girl was almost 8 months pregnant, though it was not visible on her. That evening, she exposed her stepfather, who was arrested as he tried to escape to Gurupi in Tocantins, 470 miles (760 km) to the north, and jailed. In March 2008, he began raping her; he impregnated her in late July 2008.|
|June 8, 2009||Unidentified||10 years||Her stepfather||South Africa||A girl from Mitchell's Plain township, southeast of Cape Town, became pregnant after her 21-year-old uncle raped her. She became convinced that she was in love with him and that he was the father of her child. However, DNA evidence proved the father was her 25-year-old stepfather, who had raped her as well. The girl gave birth to a daughter on June 8, 2009.|
|December 14, 2009||Unidentified||10 years||A man in his mid-30s||Jamaica||A girl from Mountainside, Jamaica gave birth to a baby girl who died three weeks later.|
|January 4, 2010||M. P.||10 years||Her 15-year-old brother||Bolivia||M.P., from El Torno, Bolivia, gave birth by cesarean section to a girl weighing 2.3 kg (5.1 lb) at the Instituto Maternológico Percy Boland in Santa Cruz de la Sierra. Three of the girl's brothers raped her. They were 15, 17, and 19. The youngest one was her child's biological father.|
|May 2010||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown; thought to be her second child's father, a 49-year-old mason||Bolivia||The father of a 10-year-old girl's first baby was not originally known, but when the same girl from Cabezas came back to Percy Boland Hospital, in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, at age 12 to give birth again, authorities succeeded to get her to talk. They apprehended a 49-year-old mason, confirmed father of the second baby and suspected of the first. He was sentenced for rape and impregnation of a minor. It is suspected that the girl's family had allowed men to rape her in exchange for money.|
|May 2010||M. L. Ch. R.||10 years||Her father||Bolivia||The 10-year-old, initials M. L. Ch. R., from Zanja Honda, Tarija, gave birth to a 3.5 kg (7.7 lb) girl by cesarean section at the Percy Boland Maternity after a 49-year-old mason allegedly raped her. Fifteen months after her first child was born, she became pregnant with a son, and claimed that the father was a young man named Armando. After her second child was born on May 7, 2012, she disappeared, and her mother admitted that both of her daughter's children were from the daughter's biological father, who had raped his child since she was 8.|
|July 12, 2010||Unidentified|| 10 years,
|Her 12-year-old boyfriend||Russia||The girl, from a village near Kazan, Russia, menstruated early and became pregnant shortly before she was 10, gave birth one month prematurely to a girl in Kazan.|
|August 19, 2010||"Camille"||10 years||Her 27-year-old father||Philippines||A 10-year-old girl, known in the media as "Camille", gave birth to a boy in Cotabato City. Her father, who was unemployed and often drunk, began raping her when she was 8.|
|October 26, 2010||Elena Chiritescu||10 years,
|Gheorghe Mecic, her 13-year-old cousin and ex-fiancé|| Spain
|Chiritescu, a Romanian Gypsy girl, gave birth to a 6.4 lb (2.9 kg) girl named Nicoletta Narcissa at a hospital in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. Chiritescu was pregnant when she moved to Spain and was seen selling flowers with her family during a local holiday in Lebrija while in the latest stages of pregnancy. Mecic remained in Romania.|
|October 29, 2010||Unidentified||10 years||Her 24-year-old distant cousin||Colombia||A girl of the Wiwa people people gave birth by cesarean section at San Rafael Hospital in San Juan del Cesar. In late January, the girl's mother, Sebastiana María Nieves, was absent for ten days at her sick mother's bedside. During this time, when her mother was away, a 24-year-old distant cousin raped the girl.|
|November 10, 2010||Unidentified||10 years||Her father||Bolivia||A girl gave birth to a boy weighing 2.3 kg (5.1 lb) at the Percy Boland maternity ward in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.|
|January 19, 2011||Paulina A.||10 years||Unknown||Argentina||Paulina A., a Guaraní girl from Puerto Leoni, gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 3.1 kg (6.8 lb) at a hospital in Posadas. Although her personal documentation gave her age as 10, it was suspected that she was older.|
|October 22, 2011||Edith||10 years,
|Alberto Hernández Loeza, her 28-year-old stepfather||Mexico||A 10-year-old girl from the community of San Francisco Totimehuacan gave birth by cesarean section to a premature boy weighing 3.3 lb (1.5 kg) in Puebla. She initially stated that the father was a "graying gringo with a sombrero"; however, her mother revealed during police interviews that the biological father was the girl's stepfather, who had raped her.|
|January 24, 2012||Laura Marina Villanueva[failed verification]|| 10 years,
|Gaudencio Castañeda Pulido, her elder sister's 45-year-old partner||Peru||Laura Marina Villanueva, from Santa Marta, Peru. Her older sister's 45-year-old companion, Gaudencio Castañeda Pulido, a former soldier and her neighbor, raped the girl three times, just before her birthday on June 24; he had previously impregnated the girl's then-15-year-old sister. Her pregnancy was discovered in late September, at 19 weeks, by chance after she was admitted for a snake bite. Castañeda Pulido went on the run when the discovery was reported in the media and continued threatening to kill the girl and her mother, Nidia Villanueva Tolentino. On January 24, 2012, she delivered a 2.21 kilograms (4.9 lb) boy by cesarean section, whom she named Justin, after singer Justin Bieber. Castañeda Pulido was sentenced to 35 years in jail.|
|March 29, 2012||Unidentified||10 years||Unknown; a 15-year-old associate of the girl was suspected||Colombia||A girl of the Wayuu people gave birth to a 2.6 kg (5.7 lb), 47 cm (19 in) girl by cesarean section at a clinic in Riohacha. She rejected her daughter.|
|May 2012||Unidentified|| 10 years,
|Antônio Lisboa Filho, her 28-year-old father||Brazil||In late December 2011, Antônio Lisboa Filho, age 28, discovered that his ten-and-a-half-year-old daughter, whom he had been raping regularly since she was eight, was 4 months pregnant. He fled from Coroatá, Maranhão with his wife Maria Alves Conceição and their other children, abandoning the girl with her maternal grandmother, Francisca Maria Conceição. Conceição alerted authorities of the rape and the parents' subsequent escape. As the pregnancy had advanced past the legal cut-off date for abortions, the girl delivered the baby via cesarean section in early May 2012, a month before term. Police also suspected the man of raping the girl's 8-year-old sister.|
|May 11, 2012||Unidentified|| 10 years,
|Her 15-year-old distant cousin||Argentina||The girl, from San Miguel, Argentina, was admitted to the Vidal hospital in Corrientes in early March 2012 after complaining of stomach pains and a swollen stomach. After an ultrasound the doctors realized that she was 26 weeks pregnant. The young girl stated that a 15-year-old distant cousin raped her in late August 2011. He has since been prosecuted. She gave birth one month before term by cesarean section to a 2.420 kg (5.34 lb), 45 cm (18 in) girl, who was named Tatiana and placed in an incubator and on a drip-feed.|
|August 13, 2015||Mainumby (a court-appointed pseudonym)||10-11 years||Gilberto Benítez Zárate, her 42-year-old stepfather||Paraguay||The 10-year-old girl was brought to an Asunción hospital by her mother, who believed that she had a tumor, where doctors discovered that she was five months pregnant and alerted authorities. They told the mother that her daughter's life was at risk and she requested permission from the Paraguayan government for an abortion, which was denied. The case caused debate nationally and abroad about Paraguay's strict anti-abortion laws. The stepfather fled, but was arrested in Boquerón, Caazapá Department. He denied paternity but a DNA test came out positive. Mainumby's mother had denounced Benítez for sexual abuse of her daughter four times in the previous year, yet authorities never intervened. After the pregnancy's discovery, she was herself arrested and charged with negligence and sexual abuse of a child, and sentenced to two months in prison for the former.|
|August 5, 2019||Masenengen||10 years||Unknown||Nigeria||A girl from Nigeria gave birth to her daughter.|
- Girls in India could customarily be married after reaching puberty.
- Thai law allows for the marriage of minors arranged by their parents.
- Rosa had been dubbed "the other Rosita" by the press in reference to the famous Rosa V. Reyes Fletes, another young Nicaraguan girl, born in late August 1993, who lived with her family in Costa Rica. In early 2003, she aborted her pregnancy at age 9+1⁄2; it was done illegally, as her country prohibited abortion. Her case was later the subject of a documentary by American filmmakers Barbara Attie and Jane Goldwater.
- "Little Mother". Time. 16 December 1957. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "El increíble caso de Lina Medina: Madre a los 5 años" [The incredible case of Lina Medina: Mother at age 5]. Los archivos de la Tierra (in Spanish). 4 June 2009. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- Bogart, Rachel (20 June 2007). "The Story of Lina Medina, the World's Youngest Mother". Yahoo Voices. Archived from the original on 28 July 2014.
- Mikkelson, Barbara; Mikkelson, David P., eds. (July 21, 2004). "Youngest Mother". Snopes.com. Retrieved 16 January 2009.
- "Six decades later, world's youngest mother awaits aid". The Telegraph: Calcutta. 27 August 2002. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
- Keane, Hilda L. (1933). "A Case of Maternity at Seven Years of Age". British Medical Journal. 2 (3794): 567–569. doi:10.1136/bmj.2.3794.567. S2CID 220170101. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- Tkachuk, Tapac (2 April 2004). Самая молодая мама в истории человечества 6-летняя Лиза из Харькова, забеременела... от собственного деда-моряка [The youngest mother in history is 6-year-old Lisa from Kharkov, who's pregnant ... by her grandfather, a sailor]. Fakty i Kommentarii (in Russian). Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Medvei, V.C. (1993) The History of Clinical Endocrinology: A Comprehensive Account of Endocrinology from Earliest Times to the Present Day, CRC Press, New York, 576 pages.
- Schmidt (1760). "Lettre écrite à Monsr. J. J. d'Annoni" [Letter written to Mr. J. J. d'Annoi]. Acta Helvetica (in French). 4: 167–168. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Family Records". Nealirc.org. Retrieved 13 August 2010.[self-published source]
- Lyall, Archibald (1936). The Future of Taboo in These Islands. K. Paul, Trench, Trubner. p. 114. ASIN B0006DAYAW.
- Charles Zastrow; Karen K. Kirst-Ashman (10 February 2012). Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment. Cengage Learning. p. 281. ISBN 978-1-133-70889-6.
- Janet Shibley Hyde (January 1986). Understanding Human Sexuality. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 978-0-07-031581-5.
- Robert LeRoy Ripley (1957). Ripley's Believe it Or Not: Wonder Book of Strange Facts. Universal Guild.
- Vaughn, Kathleen (1933). "Pregnancy in Childhood". British Medical Journal. 2 (3798): 759. doi:10.1136/bmj.2.3798.759-a. PMC 2369490. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Restrepo, Alonso; Perez R., Hernal; Uribe Piedrahita, Cesar; Urueta F., Carlos Adolfo; Uribe Jaramillo, Eugenio; Grau, Luis Carlos (1 June 1937). "Maternidad precoz" [Precocious maternity]. Boletín Clínico [Clinical Bulletin] (in Spanish). 3 (9): 479–499. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "8 years 7 months 28 days mother". La Nación. 5 January 1958. Retrieved 13 May 2012.
- "Bambina, violentata dallo zio, partorisce a 8 anni" [Girl, raped by her uncle, gives birth at 8-year]. Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 15 January 1993. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "8-Year-Old Gives Birth in Mexico". Deseret News. 15 January 1993. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Estupor por embarazo a los 8 años" [Astonished at being pregnant at age 8]. El Tiempo [The Time(s)] (in Spanish). 8 September 2004. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Williams, Dawson; Taylor, Charles Louis (1904). "Early Pregnancy". The British Medical Journal. 2: 52. doi:10.1136/bmj.2.5243.52-a. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Dodd, Henry (1881). "Remarkable Case of Early Maternity". American Medical Journal. 97: 264. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Remarkable Case of Early Maternity". The Canadian Journal of Medical Sciences. 6: 151. 1881. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Pittman, V. I. (1908). "Pregnancy at Nine Years of Age". Memphis Medical Monthly. University of Michigan. 28 (6): 315. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Embaraza a su hija de 9 años, El padre abusó sexualmente de la menor, En tres semanas dará a luz" [Father impregnates his 9-year-old daughter, sexually abused the minor, will give birth in three weeks] (in Spanish). 2007-04-16.
- "9-Year-Old Mother Has 2.5 lb Boy". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Vol. 31, no. 5. 30 August 1957. p. 1. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Dodge, Eva Francette". Encyclopedia of Arkansas. Retrieved 13 March 2022.
- "Girl Of Eleven Now Is Mother". Spokane Daily Chronicle. 1957-08-17. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "African Girl, 9, Gives Birth to a Baby". Williamson Daily News. 28 March 1966. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Girl of nine has baby". The Sydney Morning Herald. 1967-10-20. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Girl gives birth". Windsor Star. 19 October 1967. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Mom at 9". Windsor Star. 9 December 1968. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "Peru Girl, 9, Gives Birth To Boy". Lakeland Ledger. 12 November 1971. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Afrika'da 9 yaşında bir çocuk anne oldu". Milliyet (in Turkish). Johannesburg, South Africa. 1980-07-10. p. 3. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- The world's strangest mysteries. New York: Gallery Books. 1987. pp. 684–686. ISBN 0-8317-9678-2.
- "S. African, 9, Gives Birth To Boy By cesarean Section". Jet. Johnson Publishing Company. 58 (20): 28. 1980-07-31. ISSN 0021-5996. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Brazilian girl: mother at age 9". The Rock Hill Herald. 1986-04-11. p. 29. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Brazilian 9-year-old gives birth to a healthy 7-pounder". Deseret News. 1986-03-29. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Nine-year-old gives birth". The Calgary Herald. 1986-04-28. p. A20. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Girl, 9, gives birth". New Straits Times. 1990-03-16. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Cumhuriyet-15.3.1990 Günü 18. Sayfa" (in Turkish). Cumhuriyetarsivi.com. 1990-03-15. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "craintes d'exécution imminente / craintes de flagellation Leyla M." [Leyla M. threatened with death for child prostitution] (in French). Amnesty International. 2004-12-10.
- Iranian child victim of prostitution, BBC News
- "Iran has the status of being the world's last official executioner of children. Amnesty International is publishing this report..." amnestyusa.org.
- "Thai officials shocked to hear of nine-year-old becoming a mother". New Straits Times. 2001-03-10. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Posada, M.; Sanchez, M. (2003-04-04). "Reiteradas violaciones del padrastro" [Repeated rapes from her stepfather]. El Diario de Hoy [Today's Daily] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Posada, Mario (2003-04-10). "Quiero que el niño crezca junto a mí" [I want the child (boy) to grow up with me]. El Diario de Hoy [Today's Daily] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2004-11-08. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "S'pore student gives birth at 9". AsiaOne News. 2007-02-28. Archived from the original on 2007-05-21.
- "Madre por segunda vez con solo 11 años" [Mother for the second time at only 11 years of age]. El Tiempo [The Time] (in Spanish) (Bogotá ed.). 2006-01-12. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "A los 11 años, mamá por segunda vez" [At age 11, mother for the second time]. El Tiempo [The Time] (in Spanish). 2006-01-12. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Mugabe, Grace (2005-12-10). "Nine-year-old girl gives birth". The New Times. Archived from the original on 2007-10-13.
- "Nine-year-old girl gives birth". News24. 2006-07-08. Archived from the original on May 9, 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "9yo girl gives birth in Amazon". ABC News Online. 2006-07-08. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Una niña peruana de ocho años, embarazada de seis meses tras ser violada" [An 8-year-old Peruvian girl, 6 months pregnant after being raped]. El País [The Country] (in Spanish). 2006-09-28. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Niña huanuqueña de 9 años dio a luz en la Maternidad de Lima" [9-year-old Huanucoan girl gave birth in Lima]. La República [The Republic] (in Spanish). 2006-12-03. Archived from the original on 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Lazo, Veronica (2006-12-10). "En el Valle de las Niñas Embarazadas" [In the Valley of the Pregnant Girls]. El Mundo [The World] (in Spanish). Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Niña huanuqueña embarazada está cerca de ser madre" [Pregnant Huanucoan girl is close to becoming a mother]. El Comercio [(The) Commerce] (in Spanish). 2006-12-01. Archived from the original on 2008-02-19.
- "Mothers at 11 and 9". The Philippine Star. 2007-03-27.
- "Padre niega haber embarazado a su hija de 9 años" [Father denies impregnating his 9-year-old daughter] (in Spanish). April 16, 2007. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- "Embaraza a su hija de 9 años" (in Spanish). July 8, 2007. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- "30 años para padre que embarazó hija: Fiscalía" (in Spanish). July 8, 2007. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- "Honduras, bambina partorisce a nove anni: era stata stuprata dal patrigno" [Honduras girl pregnant at nine years: had been raped by her stepfather]. Il Messaggero [The Messenger] (in Italian). 31 July 2008. Archived from the original on 5 August 2008.
- "Reportan caso de niña de nueve años embarazada en Santander" [Case of a nine-year-old pregnant girl in Santander is reported]. El Tiempo [The Time(s)] (in Spanish). 2008-08-17. Archived from the original on 2014-01-03.
- "Girl, 9, gives birth". News Limited. 2010-02-02. Retrieved 2021-05-24.
- "Girl, 9, gives birth 6 lb baby boy". China Hush. 2010-01-29. Archived from the original on 2010-02-02.
- 14歲小男友經手‧9歲產子 [14-year-old young boyfriend deals with 9-year-old [girlfriend] giving birth]. Guang Ming Daily (in Chinese). 2010-06-22. Archived from the original on 2010-06-26. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Kaur, Manjit (2010-06-24). "Report of nine-year-old giving birth under probe". The Star. Archived from the original on 2012-07-18. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Mère à 10 ans, des suites d'un viol". Le Messager (in French). 2010-10-05. Archived from the original on December 17, 2010.
- Rokia (2010-12-10). "Mère sous 10 ans : Zeina victime d'un viol suivi de grossesse" (in French). Archived from the original on 2016-01-26. Retrieved 2012-05-12.[self-published source?]
- "Girl, 9, Gives Birth in Mexico". ABC News. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Tate, Amethyst (7 February 2013). "Dafne, Pregnant 9-Year-Old in Mexico, Sterilized After Giving Birth". International Business Times. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Nine-year-old Mexican girl sterilised after birth 'seems to be 15'". news.com.au. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Cone, Jr., T.E. (1972). "Report of a case of precocious pregnancy in 1834". Pediatrics. 50 (4): 637. doi:10.1542/peds.50.4.637. PMID 5073015. S2CID 245083860. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- Curtis, Josiah (1863). "A Girl Aged Ten Years, Eight Months, and Seven Days, Delivered of a Healthy Child at the Full Time of Pregnancy". Boston Medical and Surgical Journal. 67 (3): 49–51. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- MacNamara, C. (1873). "A Young Mother". The Indian Medical Gazette. 7: 295. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Gleaves, C. W. (1895). "A Young Mother". Medical Record. 48: 715. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "One Cent For Mrs. Bradley". The Baltimore Sun. 1905-12-13. Retrieved 2011-12-28. (subscription required)
- "Ten Year Old Girl Gives Birth to Babe". Portsmouth Daily Times. 12 April 1910. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Stork Brings Girl To 10-Year-Old Mother". The Toledo News-Bee. 13 April 1910. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Girl Mother Accuses One". The Border Cities Star. 14 September 1922. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Ten-Year-Old Ohio Girl Gives Birth To Baby". The Baltimore Sun. 30 July 1922. Retrieved 2011-12-09. (subscription required)
- "Pastor Prays For Jury That Convicted Him". Detroit Free Press. 17 December 1922. Retrieved 2011-12-09. (subscription required)
- "Texas Girl, Age Ten is Mother". The Crawfordsville Review. 3 April 1923. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Death Asked For Child's Despoiler at Corpus Christi". The Victoria Advocate. 23 May 1923. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Prison For Father of Child's Baby". Rochester Evening Journal. 22 May 1923. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Despoiler Given 15 Years". The Victoria Advocate. 23 May 1923. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Ten-Year-Old Girl is Youngest Mother". Baltimore Afro-American. 5 April 1930. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
- "Ten-Year-Old Mother". St. Joseph News-Press. 12 October 1939. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "8 Pound Baby Born To Girl, 10". Lewiston Morning Tribune. 11 January 1944. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Youngest Mother: 10 Years Old". Mount Washington News. 21 January 1944. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "10-Year-Old Gives Birth To Daughter". Lewiston Morning Tribune. 16 March 1949. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-Years-Old Girl Gives Birth To Son Weighing 7 3/4 Pounds". Meridian Daily Journal. 21 May 1949. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth to Baby in Mississippi Town". The Washington Afro American. 20 June 1950. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-Year-Old Girl Has 6.5 lb Son". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. 23 June 1950. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth to 7-Pound Child". Miami Sunday News. 25 July 1951. Retrieved 2011-12-19.[permanent dead link]
- "10-Year-Old Girl Becomes A Mother". The Calgary Herald. 22 June 1953. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Shows Little Interest: 10-Year-Old Prefers Doll to Baby". Los Angeles Times. 21 June 1953. Retrieved 2011-12-09. (subscription required)
- "Girl, 10, Becomes Mother". Hartford Courant. 1 December 1954. Retrieved 2011-12-12. (subscription required)
- "10-Year-Old Girl Is A Mother". The News and Courier. 8 December 1954. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth in Spartanburg". The News and Courier. 7 October 1956. Retrieved 2011-12-09.[permanent dead link]
- "Son of 10-Year-Old". Spokane Daily Chronicle. 1958-01-22. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Girl, 10, Mother of 7-Pound Son". Star-News. 24 January 1958. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-Year-Old Mom Likes Son Best". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. 26 February 1964. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-year-old gives birth". The Milwaukee Journal. 6 April 1984. Retrieved 2011-11-17.[permanent dead link]
- "10-Year-Old Has Baby in Chicago". The Free Lance–Star. 14 February 1964. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Names & Faces in the News". The Boston Globe. 22 September 1967. Retrieved 2011-12-09. (subscription required)
- "Girl, 10, Gives Birth To Baby". Warsaw Times. 29 November 1968. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Child Born To Girl, 10". The Blade. 1 August 1969. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-year-old girl gives birth to boy". The Miami News. 16 August 1971. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Mother at the Age of 10". The Tuscaloosa News. 16 August 1971. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "10-year-old gives birth to twins; doing 'just fine'". The Gazette. 1 June 1979. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- The world's strangest mysteries. New York: Gallery Books. 1987. p. 684. ISBN 0-8317-9678-2.
- "10-year-old gives birth to premature baby". Merced Sun-Star. 13 July 1982. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-year-old gives birth to premature baby". Mohave Daily Miner. 6 April 1984. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- Wattley, Philip; Wood, Henry (7 April 1984). "2 men held after girl, 10, has baby". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-11-17. (subscription required)
- "Rape victim, 10, gives birth". Waterloo Region Record. 6 April 1996. Retrieved 2011-12-28. (subscription required)
- "SAN MATEO COUNTY / Girl, 10, Gave Birth – Abuser Sentenced". San Francisco Chronicle. 1999-09-09. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- [dead link]
- "Una niña de 10 años dio a luz una beba" [A 10-year-old girl gave birth to a baby]. La Nación [The Nation] (in Spanish). 27 September 2000. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Una niña de diez años fue madre, tras sufrir abuso sexual" [A girl of 10 years became a mother through suffering sexual abuse]. Terra (in Spanish). 26 September 2000. Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Larbey, Christine (25 September 2002). "10-year-old delivers four-pound baby". The Star. Archived from the original on 2002-10-02. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- "Niña de diez años da a luz en selva" [Girl of ten years gives birth in jungle]. El Siglo de Torreón (in Spanish). 13 November 2003. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Niña de 10 años dio a luz en Argentina" [Girl of 10 years gave birth in Argentina]. Terra (in Spanish). 8 January 2004. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- "Niña de 10 años abusada por su padrastro dio a luz en Antofagasta" [Girl of 10 years abused by her stepfather gave birth in Antofagasta]. Radio Cooperativa [Cooperative Radio] (in Spanish). 2005-04-15. Archived from the original on 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Pareja responsable de niña embarazada quedó en prisión preventiva" [Pair responsible for pregnant girl left in protective custody]. Radio Cooperativa [Cooperative Radio] (in Spanish). 2005-01-10. Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Niña de nueve años quedó embarazada tras presunta violación" [Girl of nine years left pregnant after presumed rape]. Radio Cooperativa [Cooperative Radio] (in Spanish). 2005-01-09. Archived from the original on 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Calama: una niña boliviana embarazada a los 10 años" [Calama: A Bolivian girl pregnant at 10 years] (in Spanish). 2005-01-12.[self-published source?]
- "10 year old gives birth in Kenya". XenForo.
- "10-year-old gives birth". Daily Times. 2005-09-20. Archived from the original on 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "10-year-old gives birth to a child". The Times of India. 2005-09-20. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Monay, Patrick (2005-09-21). "Abusée, puis maman à 10 ans: le calvaire d'une élève comme les autres". 24 Heures (in French). Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Niña de 10 años dio a luz en Guanajuato" [Girl of 10 years gave birth in Guanajuato]. Univision (in Spanish). 2006-04-07. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Es madre desde los diez años y es relegada del apoyo del gobierno" [(She) is a mother from ten years and is relegated from government aid] (in Spanish). Correo. 2007-05-11. Archived from the original on August 10, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Man Sentenced For Impregnating 10-Year-Old". WYFF4. 2007-04-24. Archived from the original on 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Inmate details". public.doc.state.sc.us. Retrieved 2021-09-20.
- "Es una hermanita más para ella" [Another little sister for her]. Faro de Vigo (in Spanish). 2007-11-24. Retrieved 2021-11-25.
- "AL: Menina de dez anos dá à luz bebê" [AL: Ten-year-old girl gives birth to a baby]. ClickPB (in Portuguese). 2006-06-14. Archived from the original on 2018-12-06. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "10-year-old gives birth". Expatica. 2007-09-28. Archived from the original on 2008-06-15. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Maman à dix ans à Maurice" (in French). Radio Moris. 2006-08-31. Archived from the original on April 3, 2015. Retrieved 2012-07-20.[self-published source?]
- "Inaceitável: menina de dez anos dá à luz" [Unacceptable: ten-year-old girl gives birth]. Diário do Nordeste (in Portuguese). 2006-11-01. Archived from the original on 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- Almedia, Mozarly (2006-12-11). "Criança de 10 anos é mãe em Itapipoca" [10-year-old girl is mother in Itapipoca]. Diário do Nordeste (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Pide niña de 10 años ayuda para su embarazo" [10-year-old girl asks for help in her pregnancy]. Terra (in Spanish). 2006-04-25. Archived from the original on 2007-07-02.
- "Pide ayuda médica niña de diez años embarazada de siete meses por violación" [10-year-old girl, 7 months pregnant, asks for medical aid]. El Porvenir [The Future] (in Spanish). 2007-04-27. Archived from the original on 2012-03-25. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Martínez, Jessica Cecilia (2007-09-26). "Oaxaca: difícil situación vive Lucía, abusada por militar retirado" [Oaxaca: Lucía, abused by retired military man, lives in difficult situation]. CIMAC Noticias [CIMAC News] (in Spanish). Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Decide niña continuar embarazo producto de una violación" [Girl decides to continue pregnancy resulting from a rape]. Quadratin (in Spanish). 2007-04-24. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Una niña embarazada de un violador reabre la polémica del aborto terapéutico en Nicaragua" [A girl impregnated by a rapist reopens controversy of therapeutic abortion in Nicaragua]. El Mundo [The World] (in Spanish). 2007-09-04. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- Rosthchuh, Tatiana (2008-01-23). "Tiene sólo 10 años y 7 meses de embarazo" [(She) is only 10 years old and 7 months old and pregnant]. El Nuevo Diario [The New Daily] (in Spanish). Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- Eaton, Nate (2008-05-08). "Rape Victim was 9-Years-Old When She Got Pregnant; Other New Developments". KIDK. St. Anthony, Idaho: Fisher Communications. Archived from the original on 2008-05-10.
- "Rape Charge After Girl, 10, Delivers Baby". ABC News. 2008-05-08. Archived from the original on 2009-10-29. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Rapist gets 5-year-to-life sentence". Standard Journal. November 25, 2008.
- Roustan, Wayne K. (2011-03-23). "Lantana man gets life in prison for impregnating girl, 9". SunSentinel.
- "Inmate Population Information Detail". www.dc.state.fl.us.
- "Minas Gerais: menina de 10 anos é abusada e está grávida" [Minas Gerais: 10-year-old girl is abused and is pregnant]. UOL Mais (in Portuguese). 2009-03-20. Archived from the original on 2015-04-03.
- "Meninas de 10 e 15 anos grávidas" [Girls ages 10 and 15 are pregnant]. UAI (in Portuguese). 2009-03-21. Archived from the original on 2016-01-20. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- Stujit, Adriana (2009-06-06). "Ten-year-old Cape Town child 8 months pregnant". Censorbugbear reports.
- Lee, Michael (2010-01-19). "10-Y-0 Gives Birth in St Bess – Baby dies three weeks later". The Jamaica Star. Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Vaca Justiniano, Berthy (2009-10-30). "Niña violada está embarazada" [Raped girl is pregnant]. El Deber [The Duty] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 30 January 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- Lacio, Freddy (2010-01-06). "La niña abusada por sus hermanastros dio a luz" [The girl abused by her stepbrothers gave birth]. El Deber [The Duty] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on November 14, 2012. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- Peña y Lillo, C.; Escobar, R. (2012-05-09). "Investigan el abuso a niña que vuelve a dar a luz" [Abuse of a girl who returns to give birth investigated]. El Deber [The Duty] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "91 niñas de 10 a 13 años dieron a luz el año pasado" [91 girls of ages 10 to 13 gave birth in the past year]. El Deber [The Duty] (in Spanish). 2012-05-10. Archived from the original on 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Una menor de 12 años da a luz a su segundo hijo" [A minor of 12 years gives birth to her second child]. El Día [The Day] (in Spanish). 2012-05-09. Archived from the original on 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Niña huye y descubren que su padre la violaba" [Girl escapes and it's discovered that her father raped her]. Ultimas Noticias de Bolivia [Latest News from Bolivia] (in Spanish). 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- Глебова, Светлана (July 13, 2010). "В ТАТАРСТАНЕ 10-ЛЕТНЯЯ ДЕВОЧКА РОДИЛА ЗДОРОВОГО РЕБЕНКА". Комсомольская Правда. Archived from the original on 2013-11-01 – via Tatpressa.ru.
- Señase, Charlie C. (2010-08-28). "Girl, 10, gives birth; dad charged with incest". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2010-08-31. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "The youngest mother in Philippine history". GMA News. 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Report: 10-Year-Old Gives Birth in Spain". CBS News. 2010-11-02. Archived from the original on 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "La prima de la madre de 10 años: "El padre tiene 20 años y además es su primo hermano"" [Cousin of the 10-year-old mother: "The father is 20 years old and is also her first cousin"]. Telecinco (in Spanish). 2010-11-05. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- ABCDESEVILA (3 November 2010). "La niña de 10 años que dio a luz en Jerez llegó embarazada desde Rumanía – abcdesevilla.es". ABCDESEVILA.
- "Niña Wiwa de diez años dió a lus una bebé" [Ten-year-old Wiwan girl gave birth to a baby] (in Spanish). Caracol Radio. 2010-11-01. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Una niña de 10 años da a luz a un varoncito en la maternidad" [10-year-old girl gave birth to a boy in the maternity ward]. El Deber [The Duty]. 2011-11-13. Archived from the original on 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Niña mbya fue madre a los diez años" [Mbyá girl was a mother at 10 years of age]. Territorio Digital [Digital Territory] (in Spanish). 2011-01-19. Archived from the original on 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2022-05-04.
- Boyle, Christina (2011-11-10). "10-year-old Mexican girl gives birth to baby boy after 31-week pregnancy". Daily News. Archived from the original on November 16, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Jiménez, Carlos; Cruz, Elvia (2011-11-10). "Madre a los 10 años y sin ayuda" [Mother at age 10 and without help]. La Razón [The Reason] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- Cruz López, Elvia (2011-11-14). "El padrastro acusado de violar a menor en Puebla" [The stepfather accused of raping a minor in Puebla]. La Razón [The Reason] (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- "Niña de 10 años es madre por violación" [10-year-old girl is mother by rape]. Perú21 (in Spanish). 2012-02-04. Archived from the original on 2012-02-07.
- Godoy, Jeremías (2012-02-02). "Piden cárcel para maldito" [Jail is sought for wicked man]. Correo (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2014-04-19.
- "10-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Daughter in Colombia". The Inquisitr. 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Colombian girl, 10, gives birth to baby girl". The Daily Telegraph. 2012-04-06. Archived from the original on 2022-01-11. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth to Daughter". ABC News. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Niña wayúu de 11 años dio a luz en Riohacha" [11-year-old Wayú girl gave birth in Riohacha] (in Spanish). RCN Radio. 2012-03-30. Archived from the original on 2012-04-09. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Aguiar, Daniel (2012-01-24). "Coroatá-MA: Pai engravida filha de 10 anos e foge com a mãe da menina" (in Portuguese).
- "Pai que engravidou a filha de 10 anos pode ter abusado de su outra filha de 8 anos" (in Portuguese). 2012-01-26. Archived from the original on 2017-03-08.
- "Una niña de 10 años violada por un primo lejano de 15 años fue madre en Corrientes" [Girl of 10 years raped by distant cousin, age 15, became mother in Corrientes]. lanacion [thenation] (in Spanish). 2012-05-12. Archived from the original on 2012-05-15.
- Blair, Laurence (2015-08-13). "Paraguayan 11-year-old gives birth after pregnancy sparked abortion debate". The Guardian. Retrieved 2022-05-04.
- "THEY NEVER SAW ME AS A PERSON, THEY SAW ME AS AN INCUBATOR" (PDF). Amnesty International.
On 24 May, Mainumby's 11th birthday, her mother was able to visit her for the first time for 15 minutes. Mainumby gave birth by caesarean section on 13 August.
- Cué, Carlos E. (5 May 2015). "Paraguay impide el aborto de una niña violada de 10 años y 34 kilos". El País – via elpais.com.
- "ADN comprobó la paternidad de denunciado – Nacionales – ABC Color". abc.com.py. ABC Color.
- Santi Carneri Tamaryn (2020-11-20). "From child pregnancy to childbirth: when a pregnant girl's only option is the path set out for her by the religious lobby". Equal Times.
A similar case created a media uproar around the world in 2015. Ten-year-old Mainumby, the pseudonym she was given to protect her from discrimination and harassment in her neighbourhood, was also forced to carry her pregnancy to term after being raped, in this case by her stepfather.
- Kasinja, Mc Noel (8 October 2020). "Youngest Mother In Africa: Girl (10) Gave Birth in Nigeria".